Gay Life in Estonia
Estonia was the first and so far only former Soviet-occupied state to recognize gay marriages performed overseas in a similar manner to Israel , and we hope this will help Estonia progress to full-marriage equality soon. There is a deep-seated tradition of tolerance of other denominations and religions.
A hard copy is also available.
Can find love with home gay travellers
- The case finally was delivered to a court of justice where the couple prevailed in the case.
- There is something wrong with them. The objectors are a small minority who are really radically against gay issues, and they have a very loud voice.
- Stay informed by registering to receive breaking news from the field.
- The incident caused international news.
- Virumaa Teataja in Estonian.
- Like a long-lost Nordic brother, Estonia is seeking to model itself after progressive Copenhagen or Helsinki.
According to a Eurobarometer survey published in , only 13 percent of Estonians professed to have homosexual friends or acquaintances, compared to a 34 percent average in the EU. Destination Expert for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki. Hetero-infidelity is not uncommon among married couples, especially among men.
At the same time, people don't like to make a scene. In , Estonia passed the Gender Neutral Civil Partnership Act, becoming the first post-Soviet country to recognize same-sex partnership.