By interviewing gays and lesbians and highlighting annual events such
It is also consistent with the present finding that lesbians are significantly more likely than gay men to live in a household with at least one other adult. About one third of lesbians and bisexual men reported having children. Over 4, employees globally participated in the series.
Seeking legal protections and benefits for children may be an important motivator for marrying Herek These three passages, all excerpted from amicus briefs submitted jointly by the American Psychological Association APA and other professional organizations in court cases involving gay rights, illustrate some of the ways in which descriptive data about the lesbian, gay, and bisexual population are relevant to policy debates.
Gay asian boys
- Relational identity and identification: defining ourselves through work relationships. Self-Motives and levels of self The process of identity construction and the development of the sense of self-worth arising from it can be influenced by distinct specific motivations.
- According to several interviewees, the saliency of the identity related to the homosexual orientation can vary throughout the life and the more central the position of this self in relation to the others e.
- Thus, we have:. We built a grounded theory CHARMAZ, , developed from interviews with gays and lesbians with different degrees of public declaration of sexual orientation.
- In this matter, we seek to identify the behavioral tactics that respondents use to minimize the chances of disclosure of sexual orientation to generate threats to their sense of self-value, as well as the consequences of these actions.
- Thus, this study extends the understanding of the subject identifying situations and events experienced by such individuals.
- Based on the theoretical construction developed with a sensitizing basis in the Theory of Social Identity TAJFEL and TURNER, , this article presents theoretical contributions to the literature on silence in the work environment and practical implications for homosexual employees, managers and organizations. Previous studies have suggested that concealment of same-sex orientation at work can lead to feelings of inauthenticity, low commitment, and depression.
Academy of Management Proceedings, v. But about 2 years ago I started to see that this was not happening so much. Therefore, it is necessary to understand how the decision to conceal sexual orientation occurs. We pride ourselves on producing authentically edgy—socially conscious media.